All balances must be paid in CASH or CHECK, we do not accept cards.
1. To schedule an appointment please click the "REGISTER" link above. Once we receive your registration, we will call you to schedule a showing for the apartments we have available that best fit what you are looking for.
If at any time the prospective tenant has filed for bankruptcy, we must run a credit check PRIOR to showing any apartments.
2. After viewing our apartments, if a prospective tenant(s) is interested in moving forward with an apartment, they secure the unit by placing a HOLD.The following steps will detail what is required to place a hold:
- A $300.00 deposit
- Credit Check forms filled out by prospective tenants & respective cosigners if needed
- A $40 credit check fee per tenant (The fee for this CREDIT CHECK is non-refundable. A credit score of at least 675 is required or the tenant must have a co-signer in the state of Illinois).
If all tenants pass the credit check, the $300.00 deposit will be applied to the security deposit. The security deposit is one and a half times the monthly rent. If the prospective tenants do not pass our credit check, the $300.00 deposit will be returned, however, the credit check fees will be retained by Harris Brothers.
3. Once the credit checks are approved, a formal lease will be prepared. All parties involved will sign the lease in our office and pay the balance of the security deposit.
4. The first month’s rent must be paid in full when you pick up the keys.
5. If you later decide NOT to rent the unit after the lease has been signed, the security deposit will be RETAINED by Harris Brothers LLC as liquidated damages.
Tenant(s) are responsible for contacting the utility companies to arrange for service.
We recommend that tenants call and organize service at least 21 days in advance of the move-in date.
Peoples Gas (Gas) 1-866-556-6001 www.peoplesenergy.com
Comcast (Cable) 1-866-594-1234 www.comcast.com
AT&T (Telephone) 1-800-244-4444 www.att.com
ComEd (Electricity) 1-800-334-7661 www.comedservice.com
At Harris Brothers we pride ourselves on providing well-managed and maintained apartments that provide a quiet home atmosphere for serious students and professionals.
NO Pets - NO Parties - NO Smoking
A P A R T M E N T S